The highest purity grades of calcium chloride (CaCl2) have valuable applications as a food additive and food processing agent. From salt processing to fruit spray, liquid calcium chloride has become a key ingredient in food processing.
- Calcium chloride provides a salty taste to foods without increasing the sodium content (i.e. salt processing of pickles)
- Calcium chloride increases the firmness and shelf life of sprayed fruit and vegetables
- Calcium chloride improves the quality and nutritional value when freezing fruit and vegetables (actually increases the content of calcium in fruit)
- Calcium chloride neutralizes sodium alkalinity in water used to make soft drinks and beer
- Calcium chloride is used as a refrigerant in ice cream and frozen dessert manufacturing
- Calcium chloride serves as a meat tenderizer
- A calcium chloride dip has even been proven to inhibit acrylamide formation in potato chips and fries
Wholesale Salt Processing Products From Ward Chemical
In addition to the above-mentioned benefits, the calcium ion is more desirable than the sodium ion in human nutrition. For this reason, calcium chloride is also gaining popularity as a replacement for sodium chloride in the food processing industry.
Learn more about this versatility of calcium chloride and its value on this website then contact Ward Chemical for your wholesale supply of Calcium Chloride food processing technology.